Could not open the editor: No editor descriptor for id org.maven.ide.eclipse.editor.MavenPomEditor
The fix was to install m2eclipse (the Maven plugin for Eclipse). I did this in Eclipse 3.5 as follows:
- Help | Install New Software
- In the "Install" dialog: click the Add button
- In the "Add Site" dialog:
- Name: m2eclipse
- Location: http://m2eclipse.sonatype.org/update/
- Click OK
- Back in the "Install" dialog, in the "Add Site" dropdown, select: m2eclipse
- Under "Maven Integration", I checked:
- "Maven Integration for Eclipse (Required)"
- "Maven POM Editor (Optional)"
- "Maven POM XML Editor (Optional)"
- Click Next, go through and complete the Install wizard.
- When prompted, I restarted Eclipse.
That got my Maven POM editor up and running in Eclipse 3.5.